Fan blowers use a combination of a fan and a motor to move air at moderate pressure for various applications. The engine powers the fan, and the blower moves the air for cooling or ventilation purposes. Here you’ll learn about several types of air blowers, the materials they are made from, and their common applications.
Types of Blowers
Based on your requirements, you can select from a few different types of blowers. The two main categories of blowers include positive displacement and centrifugal blowers, with specific choices including:
- AC Blowers — Residential, commercial, and industrial applications often use AC blower fans to move high volumes of air at specific speeds. AC blowers are positive displacement fans ideal for applications that require high air pressure at a constant rate.
- DC Blowers — These centrifugal blowers use a caged circular impeller to supply high-pressure airflow at a 90° angle. With consistent efficiency, DC blower fans can generate constant air displacement for many applications.
- Micro Blowers — For applications with a tighter budget and limited space available, micro blowers are an ideal solution. These small blower fans are compact units that function as viable alternatives to conventional AC and DC blowers. Compact blowers consume less energy, offer a long service life, and are customizable to various cooling needs.
To maximize their efficacy, cooling blower fans are constructed from various materials:
- Plastic — Reinforced plastic often makes up the exterior of the blower and protects the internal components, including the ball bearing system and motor.
- Aluminum alloy — Beneath the plastic, blowers typically have an aluminum alloy frame to offer added protection.
- Steel — DC brushless blower motors incorporate galvanized steel for enhanced operation.
Applications of all kinds rely on AC, DC, or micro blowers to maintain airflow at a constant speed. The versatility of these fan blowers makes them popular for a variety of industrial, commercial, and residential applications. At Pelonis Technologies, you can customize blowers to meet the unique needs of your application.
A wide range of industries uses blowers, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Industrial Equipment
These industries may use blowers for the following applications:
- Dust control
- Home electronics
Blowers From Pelonis Technologies
If you require fan blowers for your application, Pelonis Technologies carries a selection of high-quality AC, DC, and micro blowers. We offer products of superior quality at prices you can afford, with the ability to meet individual needs. We follow strict quality control procedures to give our customers the best available products. Our customization capabilities also enable us to design and manufacture custom-tailored blowers and other products.
Additionally, we maintain compliance with some of the highest industry standards, such as ISO 9000 and ISO 14000. We meet the industry standards of CUL, TUV, UL, CE, Mil-Spec, ANSI, ASA, and more.