Modern industries are demanding smaller, faster, and more portable equipment to keep up with the demands of their operations without wearing out prematurely or sacrificing performance. The medical industry is one field that has increasingly required more compact devices, which means increased demand for micro motors.
Micro motors deliver more power and take up less space. These features are critical in the medical field, which has strict power consumption, time, and space requirements. Micro motors are able to power the industry’s compact devices so that medical professionals can continue performing their life-saving tasks on a daily basis.
Learn more about the types of medical micro motors, including their benefits and applications.
Types of Medical Micro Motors
Micro motors enable medical professionals to power portable equipment, machines, and handheld tools. Here are a few examples of the most common types of medical micro motors:
- Brushless slotted: These motors can be designed to withstand autoclave cycles and customized with different drive options and gearheads. Brushless slotted motors feature high efficiency and high torque ratings that make them good for high-speed and high-load applications.
- Brushless slotless: Micro brushless motors have a very long service life and achieve high speeds and high throughput with zero cogging. They can come with hall sensors and gearheads.
- Brush DC: These coreless motors offer high efficiency, high acceleration, reduced size and weight, and low noise output.
- Stepper: Micro stepper motors feature high-energy magnets and provide high continuous torque and open loop control. They also require minimal maintenance and make for a cost-effective option.
Benefits of Micro Motors
The convenience of handheld or portable equipment in the medical industry is worth the investment in micro motor technology. The main benefits of micro medical motors are:
- Ability to use autoclave or other sterilization techniques
- High efficiency and power
- Low noise and vibration levels
- Precision control
- Reduced electromagnetic interference (EMI)/radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Enhanced reliability in critical settings
Thanks to their reliability and high power output, micro motors are ideal for a variety of medical devices and applications. Primarily these include compact machinery, handheld tools, and portable equipment, such as:
- Surgical hand tools
- Lab automation equipment
- Medication dosing equipment
- Medical staple machines
- Surgical boom automation
- Motorized rehabilitation equipment
- Dental handheld devices
- Infusion pumps
- Insulin pumps
- Stretchers and medical beds
- Medical drills
- Powerchair and scooter lifts
- Biopsy equipment
Micro Motors From Pelonis Technologies
If you need micro medical or dental motors, turn to Pelonis Technologies. All our micro motors are powerful and precise with specific power ratings that can be adjusted to your needs. They are lighter and more versatile than standard-sized motors while maintaining the same level of functionality. Contact Pelonis Technologies today to learn more, or request a quote to begin your order.