Flat Motion BLDC Motors
At Pelonis Technologies, Inc. (PTI), we are a premier provider of innovative technologies for cooling, heating, and motion control applications. Our Flat Motion series external rotor BLDC motors have a unique design that allows for continuous operation at high speeds and enhanced passive heat dissipation and control. They are also lightweight, low-energy, and long-lasting.
Advantages of Flat Motion External BLDC Motors
Compared to other motors, Flat Motion external BLDC motors offer a number of advantages, including:
- Smaller footprint, greater power. They are engineered to offer high power in a limited space. They have a flat profile that allows for the same output with better torque characteristics than internal rotor motors. Additionally, they can have up to 16 poles to facilitate quieter operation at low speeds. Customization options for windings or shafts are also available.
- Easier control. They utilize cables with Hall sensors as external rotor motors, which allow for easier control. Their digital pulse signal control and high torsional strength hollow shaft design result in optimal performance and operational control.
- Longer life expectancy. They have a simple structure that does not include slip rings or brush and electronic commutation, resulting longer service lives. Their open body design also allows for better passive heat dissipation.
Features and Specifications of Flat Motion External BLDC Motors
Flat Motion external BLDC motors are available in three sizes (32 mm, 45 mm, and 60 mm) and four voltage ratings (9 V, 12 V, 24 V, and 48 V). They can be used in temperatures ranging from -20° C to 50° C. Typical operating life is up to 25,000 hours.
Some of their other key features and specifications include:
- Compact and lightweight construction
- Hollow shaft design
- Class B insulation
- Waterproof and dustproof
- RoHS compliant
- Low power consumption
- High heat dissipation
Applications of Flat Motion External BLDC Motors
Compact, lightweight, and powerful, Flat Motion external BLDC motors are ideal for many applications where high performance and accurate control at various speeds in limited space is critical. Examples of typical uses include:
- Barcoding machines
- Industrial automation
- Laboratory equipment
- Medical devices
Flat Motion External BLDC Motors Series
The three standard models available from the Flat Motion series are:
- EC32 — 32 mm External Rotor BLDC Motor. This model uses eight poles and operates in three phases. It can be rated for voltages of 9, 12, 24, or 48 VDC and speeds ranging from 2,090 to 2,940 RPM.
- EC45-30/EC45-50/EC45-70 — 45 mm External Rotor BLDC Motor. This model uses 16 poles and operates in three phases. It has a voltage rating of 24 VDC and can have speed ratings ranging from 4,860 to 5,250 RPM.
- EC60 — 60 mm External Rotor BLDC Motor. This model uses 14 poles and operates in three phases. It can be rated for voltages of 12, 24, or 48 VDC and speeds ranging from 3,190 to 3,740 RPM.
Witness Innovation in Motion With Pelonis Technologies